This is the first in a series of articles exploring ideas and processes behind managing a healthcare organization focused on maximizing both patient care and profit.
Let’s face it: American healthcare sucks.
Or does it?
Through the seemingly endless barrage of negative statistics, there is hope that the American healthcare system actually works the way we all know it should.
The fundamental problem in healthcare is: How can healthcare resources across the spectrum be coordinated to deliver the information that patients need to make the best health decisions?
Every patient looks to their healthcare providers for answers to questions like these:
- How do I make the food I love to eat healthy and cost-effective?
- Some of the things I love to eat are unhealthy – like candy. How do I offset the negative effects of these things on my body?
- Exercise is a drag – how do I get my body moving in a way that’s fun and keeps me coming back?
- Here’s what has happened to some of my family members – how do I avoid that happening to me too?
- How do I get my body to stop hurting when I do my favorite activities?
- My body doesn’t feel like it’s working the way it’s supposed to – how concerned should I be, and what should I do about it?
- What steps do I need to take to get my body looking the way I want it to?
- Does insurance do any good other than protecting me from really bad scenarios?
Accelacare has built every process within its business to help patients answer these questions – and because of that is able to run a business that profits and grows as a function of delivering useful information and treatment aimed at getting its patients healthier, faster.
The remaining articles in this series explore how Accelacare has been built over the last 7 years to answer these questions and deliver information that patients need to actively and positively participate in their own lives.
Each upcoming article will focus on an individual idea for how to coordinate healthcare resources – from providers and administrators in various fields to mentorship and education – and the business processes that follow from that idea.
To learn more about careers at Accelacare, visit https://www.accelacarept.com/careers-30/ or contact Accelacare’s business manager, Prithvi Murthy at email@example.com.